Monday, August 10, 2009

Owen Video is now HD (& more)

So yesterday morning I ordered two HD Canon Vixia HV-40's! I'm pretty psyched about this as I'll be able to offer a higher quality end product. Unfortunately I still can't produce onto Blu-Ray but someday that will come too. So for now it'll just be higher quality standard videos, however online clips will now be in HD, so that's something at least! :)

For the past year my VERY kind friend Mike has lent me his equipment free of charge. In fact, when I first got laid off from the school district I worked at, I didn't consider freelancing really, but Mike was a wedding videographer with a full-time job as a computer tech and didn't really want to finish a couple of weddings he'd committed to. So he asked me if I'd like to finish them for him, but he couldn't pay. So instead he offered me his computer (a PowerMac G5 w/a PowerPC processor) and I jumped at the chance! So I edited his two weddings and it was mine. Then, I started shooting my own weddings and he agreed to let me use his cameras. Finally, I'd worked enough and saved enough, and here we are, I'm self-sufficient. It's an amazing feeling. But please know, I couldn't be more grateful to Mike for helping me get this business off the ground and getting me back on my feet!

Also, you may look at this camera and think how small it is, but know that I attach a Rode microphone on top, and a wide angle converter on the lens. Then that, plus my homemade steadycam (the next item to get upgraded when I have some cash) make it all look much larger than you'd think. Besides, it's not size that matters, it's quality! And this baby has an internal CMOS chip (the replacement for 3CCD chips).

No comments:

Post a Comment